Breakfast is always a great option for quick and easy lunch and dinner. They’re the kind of food you can make ahead of time, store a bunch in the freezer, then pop in the oven when you’re too busy to cook on weekdays.
You don’t know how to freeze burritos the right way? Is it true that the ones you put in the freezer end up being wet?
We asked burrito lovers how they keep their burritos fresh in the freezer and here’s what they said.
You should follow these steps for your burritos to last a long time in the freezer.
- Wrap each tortilla tightly with foil and paper.
- Put them in the freezer bag.
- Remove excess air before they are sealed.
- Remove the foil and paper to reheat.
- Put a paper towel in the microwave for 3 minutes on each side.
We’ll give you more tips on how to prepare, freeze, and reheat your burritos so that you can enjoy their original flavor.
What Is the Best Way to Freeze Your Burritos?
Burritos are very easy to prepare and they freeze well. If you make a large batch, you will be able to grab them out of the freezer whenever you need a quick bite.
Here’s how to keep your burritos fresh:
- Put your favorite filling under the tortilla with aluminum foil and parchment paper.
- Start with a layer of your starches, such as rice and beans, and then a cupful of your choice of meat, vegetables, and cheese.
- Make sure the top and bottom sections of the tortilla are tucked in so that your food won’t spill out when you eat it.
- The burrito should be covered with aluminum foil and parchment paper.
- The rest of your tortilla wraps should be done this way.
- The burritos should be placed in a single layer inside the freezer bag.
- It’s important to remove the excess air before you seal it.
- You can write down the date by putting a label outside of the bag.
- If you want the best quality, freeze and consume within 3 months.
How Can I Prepare Burritos to Freeze?
The proper way to freeze fabulous burritos starts with the right preparation.
Choosing the right ingredients, cooking them properly, and bringing all of them to room temperature are some of the things that have to be done.
According to experts, flour tortillas are the best for burritos since they don’t tear easily. A good freezer burrito consists of your favorite combination of vegetables and starches.
Don’t use ingredients that don’t do well in the freezer, such as sour cream and guacamole. The texture of your burrito will be affected by them and won’t be as appetizing when thawed.
Don’t worry, you can add them later on after you reheated your meals to improve the taste of your burrito.
You should follow the instructions above for the proper assembly and wrapping of your burrito.
How Can I Make Frozen Burritos Not Soggy?
Yeah, it’s not enjoyable to eat a soggy burrito. It’s necessary to be extra careful while preparing freezer burritos.
The temperature of the ingredients, from the tortilla to the filling, is the key here. All of them should be at room temperature when you’re making a burrito.
Excess heat will cause your Mexican dish to be soggy if the ingredients are still warm. Here are more tips for you to use.
- Make sure your tortilla doesn’t get wet by rolling it tightly.
- Before putting it in the freezer, cover it with plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
- When it’s time to cook your burrito, use the oven rather than the microwave to make it brown and crisp.
How Can I Store and Reheat Breakfast Burritos?
Most of the time, mornings are so busy that you don’t have time to cook a decent meal for breakfast.
Since it is the most important meal of the day, we want to give you a wonderful idea.
Wouldn’t it be great if you could make a lot of breakfast burritos on the weekend so that you could start your day with a delicious meal?
Here’s how to store and reheat breakfast burritos:
- It’s a good idea to follow your favorite breakfast burrito recipe.
- You shouldn’t forget your bacon, cheese, and other favorite meat for your filling.
- After cooking, allow your ingredients to cool down.
- To assemble your burrito, place your tortilla in a square aluminum foil.
- The tortilla needs to be rolled tightly in the top and bottom parts.
- The cover should have aluminum foil on it.
- This can be done with the rest of the breakfast burritos.
- The tortillas should be placed in a freezer bag.
- You should arrange them in a single layer.
- It’s a good idea to tell the contents and date of the freezer bag before putting them in the freezer.
- Transfer the burritos to the fridge overnight if you are going to have them for breakfast the next day.
- The aluminum foil cover needs to be removed and replaced with a paper towel.
- In the microwave, heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until completely warm.
- It’s possible to put them in the oven and bake them for 10 minutes.
- It’s good to have a satisfying and delicious meal for breakfast.
How Can I Defrost Frozen Burritos?
If you are going to enjoy this Mexican dish all over again, Thawing your Burritos is the first step. There are 2 different ways to go about it.
If you put it in the fridge, you can thaw it out overnight. The microwave is a good place to put it.
If you want to cover it with a paper towel, you have to remove the plastic wrap and aluminum foil.
You can heat your burrito for 7 minutes on each side by putting it in the defrost setting. The filling will be warm enough for you to eat as you do this.
How Can I Reheat a Burrito?
It’s the purpose of freezing your burritos to allow you to enjoy them later on.
When you have to take it out of cold storage for a quick meal, you have to make sure it is reheated properly.
You can cook your frozen burritos in either of the 2 ways. There are two things in the oven and microwave.
You don’t have to thaw them and you can start heating them right away. Here’s what you need to do.
In the oven
If you prefer to have some crunch in your meal, it’s worth your time to reheat your frozen burrito in the oven because it will result in a crisp shell.
- The temperature in your oven should be between 400 and 450 degrees.
- If there is any, you should remove the paper from your burrito.
- The burrito must be covered with aluminum foil.
- Put it in the center of the oven and place a cookie sheet over it.
- It will take 35 to 40 minutes to bake.
- If you want your tortilla to be as crisp as possible, remove the aluminum foil and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- You can dress it up with freshly chopped veggies, salsa, sour cream, or hot sauce.
In the microwave
This is a faster way to thaw your frozen food. If you follow this method you will also get a softer tortilla.
- Wrap your burrito with a paper towel after removing all of the wrappings.
- It’s best to put it in a microwave-safe dish.
- Place the microwave in the center and it will heat up for 3 minutes on each side.
- If you want to dress it up with your favorite sauce and veggies, let it rest for a while.
- If you want a crisp tortilla, you can transfer it to a skillet and cook each side over medium heat for about 3 minutes or until you achieve your desired texture.
How Can I Make Frozen Burritos Taste Better?
You can dress up frozen burritos to make them taste even better when you cook them again. There are a lot of different ingredients to choose from.
You can put shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream, pickled onions, chopped cilantro, more shredded cheese, and hot sauce, and then squeeze lime all over it. The food was very delicious!
It’s important to wrap your burritos tightly with aluminum foil and parchment paper to keep them fresh while inside the freezer.
If you want a soft tortilla, it can be reheated in the microwave or the oven.
If you add your favorite topping, they will be even better and you will have a complete meal. During busy days, freezer burritos are a life saver.
Foodie and a passionate cook, I am here to share all of what I know about cooking, kitchen, and food prepping.
Follow me for delicious and healthy recipes.