What to Do with Prosciutto Bone?
Prosciutto bone is a tasty piece of ham that is usually used as an appetizer. But you can use prosciutto bone to make delicious recipes.
Here I have shared an interesting recipe for prosciutto bone that will help you to utilize this leftover food.
The Prosciutto di Parma Brodo is for soup lovers who are interested in increasing their soup collection.
A bone-in leg, wine, vegetables, and a wine sauce make up this delicious bone-in leg soup. It’s a complete meal because of the addition of greens and tortellini.
Adding a softly poached egg to the soup just before serving will add even more richness and sophistication to the dish.
Enjoy this brood with a glass of wine and some fresh Italian bread to absorb all of the delicious flavors.
- 1 Prosciutto di Parma bone
- 2 large carrots, peeled, cut into chunks
- 3 celery ribs, cut into chunks
- 2 large onions, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1 small bulb fennel, halved
- 4 large Roma tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1/2 bunch Italian parsley
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 3 tablespoons coriander seed
- 4 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- Salt, to taste
- The oven should be at a temperature of at least 325 Fahrenheit.
- In a large roasting pan, put the bones, carrots, celery, onion, fennel, and tomatoes.
- Pick up some oil and toss it into the coat.
- 1 to 1 1/2 hours is how long it takes to roast until lightly brown.
- The bones and vegetables should be placed in a stockpot.
- Pick up any brown bits from the bottom of the roasting pan by pouring wine into it.
- The stockpot has a pour into it.
- Add parsley, bay leaf, and other seasonings.
- 7 quarts of water are needed for the pot.
- Allow it to cook and then let it sit for a while.
- When cooking in a small skillet, cook coriander, peppercorns, and fennel.
- Take the pot and add to it.
- Allow the stock to be cooked for a long time.
- Do not let it get to boiling point.
- Skim off foam as it begins to rise.
- Remove bones and vegetables from the soup with a spoon when it’s done simmering.
- If you want to remove seeds, you’ll have to strain the soup.
- Skim off any fat that’s on the ground.
- It is a good idea to season to taste with salt.
- If you want, you can serve it with noodles or tortellini. The soup does well in the cold.
This is the best way to make use of prosciutto bone. If you have some prosciutto bone, then you can make some tasty dishes.
If you want to make use of the prosciutto bone, then you can try this recipe.
Foodie and a passionate cook, I am here to share all of what I know about cooking, kitchen, and food prepping.
Follow me for delicious and healthy recipes.