When it comes to cooking eggs safely and healthily, you can use a sous vide egg.
It is one of the best cooking methods for making eggs because it will keep them soft and will keep the nutrition intact.
Sous Vide is a French technique that involves vacuum-sealing food inside a plastic bag and then cooking it at a low temperature for several hours.
Egg bites are a popular dish, so you can easily make these at home.
The main aim of this post is to tell you how to make sous vide egg bites. Let’s start our journey and check out the process.
This recipe for sous vide egg bites can be made at home with just 5 minutes of preparation time.
They are a great choice to start the day because they are healthy, low in calories, and high in vitamins.
These egg bites are easy to make in a sous-vide. It’s easy to meal prep a dozen of them on Sunday, then eat them throughout the week.
They can be reheated at work in the morning or on your way out the door.
Table of Contents
Sous Vide Egg Bites Recipe
Ingredients needed for egg bites
- 12 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup grated or crumbled cheese
Ingredients needed for optional filling
- ½ cup ham, diced
- ½ cup bell peppers, diced
- ½ cup bacon, diced
- ½ cup diced green chilies
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- ¼ cup spinach, chopped
See Also: How to Sous Vide Eggs?
Steps to follow
- Heat the water bath to 172°F.
- Take a large mixing bowl and pour spout, whisk eggs, heavy cream, salt, and pepper together.
- Add cheese, along with the optional fillings according to the flavor combination you like in your egg bites.
- Pour this mixture into six 4 oz mason jars.
- Screw the lids so that they are tight enough to close. Don’t tighten them further.
- Now place the jars into a dutch oven or a large pot with the sous vide stick attached.
- Set the cooking time to one hour.
- After 1 hour, take tongs and remove the jars from the water bath.
- Now remove the eggs from the jar and place them on the plate.
- Now you can enjoy eating your favorite egg bites.
Recommended flavor combinations you can try:
- ½ cup red bell pepper + ½ cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- ½ cup diced ham + ½ cup diced green bell peppers + ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup chopped, cooked bacon + ½ cup shredded gruyere cheese
- ½ cup diced green chilies + ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese + 1 tsp hot sauce
- ¼ cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes + ¼ cup chopped spinach + ½ cup feta cheese crumbles
- For a week, these egg bites can be stored in the refrigerator.
- If you want to reheat the egg bites from the refrigerator, place them under the broiler for 1-2 minutes or in a microwave for 30 seconds.
- For up to 6 months, these egg bites can be stored in the freezer.
- If you want to reheat them directly from the freezer, place them in sous vide water bath at 140F for 15 minutes or in the microwave for 2 minutes or under the oven for 1-2 minutes.
- These egg bites are gluten-free.
- These egg bites are keto compliant.
Why Sous Vide Egg Bites?
The sous vide method of cooking food is perfect for eggs. You simply heat the water bath to 160°F and carefully drop the egg into the water bath.
Cook the egg to the preferred doneness setting for the recipe that you are preparing. It saves so much time and energy. And no cracked shells.
Are these sous vide eggs keto?
Yes, these are completely ketogenic! They are made with eggs, egg whites, almond milk, and lots of cayenne pepper for flavor!
The key is to mix the almond milk well. You want it to be as homogenous as possible.
If you don’t mix it well, the eggs won’t bind and you’ll get big chunks of egg white floating in the milk.
I found that mixing at least 30 seconds in a blender works best.
Can you freeze them?
Yes, you can freeze sous vide egg bites if they are prepared according to the directions and instructions mentioned here.
Place in a freezer bag or airtight container, label it, and freeze for up to 6 months. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight and cook as directed.
How to reheat sous vide egg bites?
Sous Vide Egg Bites can easily be reheated in the oven or microwave.
The egg bites can be reheated in the oven by turning the broiler on low.
If you have not already done so, remove the egg bites from the mason jars and put them on a baking sheet under the broiler for 1-2 minutes.
Egg bites can be reheated in the microwave by placing them on a microwave-safe plate and cooking for 30 seconds.
Can you microwave egg bites?
Not all brands of Egg Bites are microwave safe. You can bake them, but that will change their texture.
They may also turn a bit soft if they are frozen and defrosted quickly in a hot oven. For best results, use these sous vide Egg Bites recipes!
See Also: How to Pasteurize Eggs With Sous Vide?
So, these are some easy and quick steps for making egg bites. It doesn’t require much time and effort, so make some of these bites for your kids. Also, they are delicious.
Foodie and a passionate cook, I am here to share all of what I know about cooking, kitchen, and food prepping.
Follow me for delicious and healthy recipes.