Do you know how to put the drawer back in the freezer, after you removed it to thoroughly clean it?
We have done the research to provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to replace freezer drawers.
The steps to replace the freezer drawer are listed below.
- Extend the freezer rails.
- The freezer drawer needs to be installed on all four rail tabs.
- To set the drawer properly, fully engage the hooks in the rails.
- Lock the drawer into place.
- Open and close the drawer to see if it works.
Many of you might still be confused about how to put a freezer drawer back in, even though you have an idea about how to do it.
Continue reading as we elaborate on each step for you. We will discuss the specific how-tos for the different brands of freezers.
Putting A Freezer Drawer Back In
Before you start, make sure your fridge is unplugged from the wall outlet to save electricity and ensure safety.
To avoid pinching points when opening and closing the freezer, make sure to keep your hands and feet away from the bottom of the drawer.
Make sure you have the tools you need to complete the task. There is a small Phillips head screwdriver that you will need.
A pair of gloves might also be used for safety. Lifting or carrying the drawer by the handle could cause damage to the drawer or handle.
You can return your freezer drawer to its original position by following the five steps below.
Extend The Freezer Rails
The steel bars on the left and right sides of the freezer are called freezer rails. Pull them out of their full length so that the other parts are properly placed.
The Freezer Drawer Needs to Be Installed on All Four Rail Tabs
The rail tabs need to be seated correctly. Rail tabs can be found in freezer rails. There are rails on the left and right sides of the freezer.
There are two rail tabs at the back and front of the left part. The other two are on opposite sides of the freezer, one in front and the other in the back.
To Set the Drawer Properly, Fully Engage the Hooks in the Rails
You have to put your hands on each end of the freezer drawer.
It’s important to align the hooks with the rail tabs because there are two on the right and two on the left in the freezer drawers.
You should engage the hooks into the rail tabs when it is aligned correctly.
Lock The Drawer Into Place
When you open and close the freezer drawer, make sure to lock the rail tabs in place so they don’t detach, which could cause a problem.
You need a single head Phillips screw on the outside of the rail to lock them.
Open and Close the Drawer to See If It Works
As you close and open your freezer drawer, it should move smoothly. It is possible to apply the steps to the freezer drawers of the LG French door Refrigerators.
How Can I Put A Drawer Back In A Samsung Freezer?
- To get the freezer drawer slide rail back in place, insert the gear end first and then push it until it locks in.
- Extending the freezer drawer slide rails is the next thing you should do.
- Take the end of the gear shaft and put the hole on the right side.
- Align and put the left side into place.
- Reinstallation of the retaining pin is now required.
- Next, put the freezer glides in place by aligning the tabs on the door brackets with the ones on the freezer glides.
- The 10-millimeter bolts have to be remounted on each side of the drawer.
- If you want to replace the freezer box tray, you have to insert the back first, then tilt the front into the slot, and then set it in place.
- Next, put the upper freezer tray back in and then put the freezer box tray on top of it.
- Pull the vehicle forward to make sure the wheels are locked in place.
The steps apply to all freezer drawer-type Samsung refrigerators.
How Can I Put A Drawer Back In A Whirlpool Freezer?
- Push the drawer forward after you align the slides on the rails of the freezer.
- The drawer assembly needs to be secured by snapping both sides into place.
- Replace the bin with the freezer.
The steps can be used for a Whirlpool French Door refrigerator.
How Can I Put A Drawer Back In A Frigidaire Freezer?
The steps to put a drawer back in a Frigidaire freezer are listed here.
- The drawer assembly should be on the rails after the side rails have been pulled out.
- The retaining clips need to be put on both sides to secure the drawer.
- Push back until the frame snaps into place, then realign the basket frame on the support rails.
- The ice bucket and basket need to be positioned in the frame.
- Hook the mounting studs on the front of the drawer rails to get the front drawer panel back in place.
- To secure the screws, thread and tighten the screws.
Why Is My Freezer Drawer Sticking?
There are several reasons that freezer drawers stick. The reason why it sticks is because of the dirty dirt.
When you notice that your freezer drawers are sticking, try cleaning the entire freezer, including the gasket, rails, baskets, and bins.
The reason your freezer drawers are stuck is because of frost formation. If you want to avoid this, it’s a good idea to have your refrigerators defrosted once in a while.
If you want to change your freezer gasket, you need to clean your freezer first to remove any dirt that may have caused the problem.
How To Lubricate A Freezer Drawer Slide?
There are a lot of things you can do to lubricate the drawer.
It’s a good idea to make sure that the lubricant you use is FDA approved for use in fridges and freezers to make sure that you don’t get food poisoning.
The recommended lubricants to be used in refrigerators and freezers are pure paraffin wax, pure petroleum jelly, and pure mineral oil.
The quality and smoothness of the movement of the freezer drawer can be maintained with the help of the rails being applied with the lubricants.
One needs to know that the freezer rails are fully extended to properly put freezer drawers back in.
The hooks attached to the drawer need to be used on the four rail tabs for the freezer drawer to be seated correctly.
After engaging the rail tabs and hooks, lock them using the Phillips screwdriver to ensure that they don’t detach from each other.
Ensure that they have been placed correctly by opening and closing the drawer. A properly replaced freezer drawer is easy to move around in.
Foodie and a passionate cook, I am here to share all of what I know about cooking, kitchen, and food prepping.
Follow me for delicious and healthy recipes.