A Precision Oven is something that everyone should have in their kitchen, but many people have no idea how to use it. If you’re like most people, you might assume that it’s simply another type of microwave oven.
But in reality, a precision oven is a real oven that cooks and bakes food with extreme accuracy. This means that you can cook everything from pizza to pizza crusts and even cook entire turkeys or large roasts.
If you’re interested in trying one out for yourself, keep reading to find out if the Anova Precision Oven really works as advertised and what some of the best uses for it are.
Table of Contents
Anova Precision Oven Detailed Review
As the world’s largest manufacturer of professional kitchen appliances, Anova is one of the most recognized brands in the industry. Whether you’re cooking for a family of four or entertaining a crowd, the Anova Precision Oven delivers the best performance and ease of use in the market.
This guide will help you understand all of the features and technical specifications of the Anova Precision Oven so you can make an informed decision when shopping for a new oven.
- Size (Width, Depth, Height) – 22.4″ x 17.7″ x 14.1″ (56.9cm x 45cm x 35.8cm)
- Power – Overall 2200/2400 Watts @ 220 – 240v
- Heating Elements – Top 1600 W – Bottom 700 W – Rear 1600 W
- Steam Boiler – 1200 W
- Temperature Range – 77° – 482°F (25°-250°C) with Accuracy +/- 6°F(3°C)
- Fans – Top and Rear Fans
- Wi-Fi Connectivity – 2.4 GHz 802.11 b/g/n
- App – Android and iOS
- Sensors – Wet Bulb Sensor, Ambient Temperature Sensor, Steam Boiler Sensor, Food Probe.
- Water Tank – 1.3 Gal (5L) and Detachable
- Controls – Touchscreen Display
Anova Precision Oven Features and Benefits
Controlling Temperature and Humidity
The Anova Precision Oven is a fully automated home oven that allows users to control temperature and humidity to perfection. It can even be connected to an internet-connected Nest thermostat to turn off the oven when not in use and reduce energy costs.
With a variety of different cooking presets and options, it’s a must-have for any modern kitchen. It has a digital temperature controller so you can keep a consistent temperature for all your baking and cooking needs.
Sous Vide Cooking Feature
Anova Precision oven can sous vide food that takes the guesswork out of cooking. Steam cooking is one of the most effective ways to cook food. The Anova Precision Oven uses steam to cook food without a traditional sous vide setup.
Precision Oven Dry and Wet Bulb Sensors
This is a sensor that is used to measure temperature and humidity. There are two main types of sensors: Dry and Wet Bulb. Both sensors use the same principle but differ in the way they calculate the temperature.
The dry bulb sensor calculates the temperature by measuring how much the resistance of material changes with increasing temperature. It measures the resistance change by heating up a resistor until it becomes hot enough to change the resistance.
The wet bulb sensor measures the resistance of a material by adding water to it and seeing if it changes the resistance.
Monitor Doneness with the Food Probe
There are two ways to check doneness: with the food probe or using a probe thermometer. Anova Precision Oven uses a thin, flexible thermocouple wire that is placed directly in the middle of the food.
The probe is set at the center of the oven so that it is touching the food as the center cooks. As the center of the food gets closer to the target temperature, the probe will move to the side.
This change in position will tell you when the food is ready.
Anova Mobile App
Anova is a unique mobile app which is developed by the Anova brand. This is a new innovative product of Anova which allows you to use your phone as a timer for cooking.
Using this app will help you in learning how to cook in the kitchen and also will be able to save your time and energy. It will guide you through the various steps of cooking while you are away.
With Anova mobile app you can check recipes and browse recipes based on ingredients, categories, or your mood. You can also find out what’s trending in the kitchen and be alerted when a recipe is being published to a social network.
Great Food Recipe Options
Sous Vide Roasted Chicken Recipe
1. Take a 2-lb chicken and remove the back of the neck. You can now either cut out the backbone or leave it on.
2. Place chicken in a large Ziploc bag with half an onion, two bay leaves, one sprig of rosemary, a sprig of thyme, 2 teaspoons of kosher salt, 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper and 1/2 cup of white wine. Close bag with metal clip. Let sit overnight at room temperature.
3. After overnight, place the bag in a cold water bath. Remove chicken and discard marinade.
4. Cook chicken at 200° for 40 minutes.
5. For the next 15 minutes, remove from oven and then turn down heat to 180°.
6. Return to oven until chicken reaches 165°, about 25 minutes more.
7. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
Bread / Baguettes
Anova gave us the following guidelines to cook good quality bread. Always use the precision oven if you want to bake great bread.
- Bread dough should be put in the bowl before adding ingredients.
- Do not add too much flour. It is ok if it is a little damp.
- Always make sure the oven is preheated.
- When the timer is turned on, immediately close the lid.
- Always leave the bread in the oven for 20 minutes and then open the oven and turn off the light.
- Let the bread cool completely before cutting it.
- If you want to cut it into slices, do it right after removing it from the oven.
Frozen Crispy Foods
Cook frozen foods like fries, corn chips, french breads etc. in your precision oven. Use the temperature probe, and keep it at 350 degrees F. This will make your frozen crispy foods perfect.
Air Fryer Mode in Anova Precision Oven
You can use Air Fryer Mode in Anova Precision Oven, and you don’t need to turn off the heating. Just set the timer for the desired cooking time and the air fryer will cook the food automatically.
Steam Mode in Anova Precision Oven
If you are using Anova Precision Oven, it is a great idea to use the steam mode. By using the steam mode, you can cook food better than cooking in a regular oven.
Two Stage Cooking
This is done by cooking food using steam mode in the oven and then using the dry mode in the oven for the final stage of cooking.
Anova Precision Oven Accessories
* Oven Brush – This brush cleans any residue from the oven doors and oven racks. It is recommended that you use it every few months to prevent food crumbs from adhering to your oven door.
* Oven Door Tool Kit – Provides tools to help remove stubborn baked-on food and grease from the oven door.
* Stainless Steel Oven Racks – This is a tool-free rack that will fit over most of the inside of your oven. This is the perfect solution if you do not want to invest in an expensive rack that takes up valuable space in your oven.
How Good Is a Precision Oven?
When it comes to the world of food, many people have a love-hate relationship with the oven. You’ve either been burned by an overzealous or poorly calibrated oven, or you’ve used one to perfection—just like a chef.
Now, what if we told you that there’s a new device that can give you both the control and precision of a chef, without the need for professional training?
If you’re thinking about buying a new kitchen appliance, then you should be aware of the benefits of precision cooking: it could lead to better meals, more efficient cooking, healthier eating, and a more satisfying dining experience.
The good news is, precision cooking is now easier than ever with a Precision Oven.
What is a Combi Oven?
A combi oven is a combination of microwave and convection that can do multiple things at once – bake, brown, broil, reheat and more – all without lifting a finger.
It can also make popcorn, toast, steam, and grill, or cook on both sides at the same time. With four racks and nine slots for ingredients, the Convection Oven is multi-purpose cookware that comes with six heating elements.
How to sous vide in a precision oven?
Sous vide also known as low-temperature long-time cooking. It is a French term meaning “under vacuum”, referring to the fact that the food is cooked by placing it in a sealed bag and heating it from the outside in.
The sous vide method has exploded in popularity in recent years because of its ability to preserve the delicate textures and flavors of food, and it’s now being used in many restaurants and homes as a convenient way to cook healthy meals that don’t require much attention.
See also: Health benefits of sous vide
We are very happy with this product and would recommend it to anyone looking for an oven that is both fast and accurate.
We bought this oven and it is the best one that we have ever owned. It’s fast, easy to use, and has many features that are extremely helpful for cooking, baking, and roasting.
We would highly recommend this to anyone that is interested in purchasing a good precision oven.
Foodie and a passionate cook, I am here to share all of what I know about cooking, kitchen, and food prepping.
Follow me for delicious and healthy recipes.