Can Bacon Be Microwaved?
It might sound terrible if you don’t know how to cook bacon in the microwave. You can cook bacon in the microwave in just a few minutes.
Microwaving bacon is a great way to cook a large quantity of bacon at once. Microwave on high for 4 minutes on each side.
You may also be able to do a double batch of bacon with 2x the time or heat it in the oven.
Bacon cooked in the microwave comes out delicious when sandwiched between paper towels.
Is it Possible to Microwave Bacon?
It has been established that you can cook bacon in the microwave, and there are several reasons why you might want to.
- When bacon is cooked in layers of paper towels, all the fat is absorbed and there’s little to no mess to clean up.
- The grease smell is much less persistent because the bacon is cooked for less time and the fat is absorbed into the paper towels.
- It requires a lot of paper towels, making it not the most eco-friendly option.
- If you don’t check on the bacon cooker frequently, it’s easy to overcook it.
How Long Can I Microwave Bacon?
It takes 3 and 6 minutes to cook bacon in the microwave.
Depending on your microwave’s wattage, how thick your bacon is, the type of bacon you’re cooking, and how much bacon you want it to be, this can vary.
The cooking instructions can be found in bacon packages.
We recommend that you check on your bacon after a few minutes. It’s easy to overcook or even burn bacon in the microwave.
How Can I Microwave Bacon?
What You’ll Need:
- Microwave-safe plate or dish
- Paper towels
Steps to follow:
- If you have more bacon, place it in a single layer on top of the two paper towels.
- If you want to prevent splatters, add a final two layers of paper towels on top of the microwave.
- The bacon needs to be looked at.
- Continue to cook it in 30-second bursts until it’s as crisp as you want it to be.
- Carefully remove the plate from the microwave, transfer the cooked bacon to a fresh layer of paper towel, and then drain for about two minutes.
- If you want to absorb excess grease, you can pat it with an additional towel.
How to Microwave Bacon Without Paper Towels?
If you’re going to be microwaving bacon frequently, you might consider purchasing a bacon cooker so that you don’t burn through your roll of paper towels so quickly.
There are some top-rated cookers that reviewers are very positive about.
Presto PowerCrisp Microwave Bacon Cooker
Bacon is one of those foods that everyone loves, but it can be tricky to get the right texture and taste.
Presto Power Crisp gives you the best of both worlds with a sleek, modern design that makes serving easy.
The unit is easy to load, and it even features a removable tray so that you can easily wash off the cooked bacon.
You can cook a variety of meats in the Presto Power Crisp, including bacon, chicken, ham, and sausage.
However, you should be aware that the unit is only microwave-safe, so you’ll need to use a separate oven or griddle if you want to cook other items.
The bacon itself is cooked perfectly, and it has a nice smoky flavor.
It comes out just like you’d expect from a traditional oven, but you won’t have to wait for a ton of grease to drip onto your stove.
You can cook 12 pieces at once, and you can choose from 6 different flavors, including Original, Smokey Chipotle, and Honey Mustard.
While the Presto Power Crisp isn’t cheap, it does come with a lifetime guarantee. In addition, you can purchase a replacement tray for $7.95.
The Presto Power Crisp is a great option if you’re looking to cook bacon fast and healthy.
Prep Solutions Microwavable Bacon Grill
We tested the Prep Solutions Microwavable Bacon Grill at our house and we were surprised by how good it was.
It’s a really handy tool that makes grilling bacon easier and quicker. The cover keeps the grease off, and it’s not hard to clean.
The cover does fit snugly on the grill, and it’s made from sturdy plastic. It’s very easy to use, and it doesn’t take up much space.
We love the fact that it has a removable handle so you can easily remove the grill when needed.
The only con is that the grill is a bit small, but you can use it for other items as well.
If you’re looking for a great little gadget that you can use for bacon, sausage, and other foods, then the Prep Solutions Microwavable Bacon Grill is the way to go.
Foodie and a passionate cook, I am here to share all of what I know about cooking, kitchen, and food prepping.
Follow me for delicious and healthy recipes.