How to make bacon jerky?
Who doesn’t love bacon? It is one of the most delicious food items which you can have in any situation.
Whether you are having a party or just on a picnic, you can always have something delicious to eat.
But if you don’t want to have your regular sandwiches and salads for breakfast, then it is time for you to try something different.
Why not have some bacon jerky?
It will taste great and will be so healthy and satisfying as well. All you need is a piece of pork belly and some seasoning.
Bacon jerky is a delicious snack that combines salty and sweet flavors. Jerky is meat that has been seasoned and dried for preservation.
Jerky is usually made with pork belly or backstrap. The jerky comes in several forms: stick, strip, ball, square, or round.
There are more than 100 kinds of jerky recipes. Each recipe offers its unique flavor and texture.
How to Make Bacon Jerky in the Oven?
Before starting the actual cooking process make sure that this is a slow process. Otherwise, you won’t get a perfect Bacon Jerky. You will end up with something different.
- First, preheat the oven to 190 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the bacon on a sheet.
- Also, place a baking sheet under the bacon so that you won’t drop any meat.
- Make sure to leave a 2 cm gap between each bacon.
- Before placing the bacon inside the oven make sure to dip both sides on the toppings.
- Make sure not to use any juicy toppings as we are going to dry out the bacon. Every season you use should be dry.
- Now put the bacon inside the oven.
- Set the timer for three hours. Don’t disturb it. Let it bake for three hours.
- Now take out the bacon and apply any type of seasoning you want.
- If you are using a dehydrator put the bacon inside it and cook it for one more hour.
- Make sure to use low temperatures like 150 to 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Now again place the bacon inside the oven and bake it for one more hour.
- Take out the bacon when it reaches a perfect jerky structure.
- Now it is time to serve. Add a little bit of onion powder and spray black pepper on it to enjoy the taste.
How to Make Bacon Jerky Using the Smoker
Do you like to smoke your bacon jerky? Before heading into this process make sure that this process takes a lot of time.
If you are not worried about the time head to this task. You will be amazed at the final output and the taste.
- First, light up the flame and heat the smoker.
- Wait until the internal temperature of the smoker reaches 220 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make sure to reach this exact temperature even if you are using charcoal or wood.
- Always place the bacon on the other part of the chamber. Otherwise, you will end up with the grease falling into the fire.
- Now put the bacon on the top of the rack.
- Don’t forget to put baking sheets underneath the bacon as you did previously.
- Make sure to leave a 2 cm gap between each piece.
- While the bacon is cooking you need to apply your favorite seasoning. Keep in mind not to add too much seasoning.
- You can use toppings like black pepper, red pepper, or BBQ.
- Leave the bacon for at least two hours.
- Take the bacon out when it turns golden brown and crispy.
- Take that bacon out and put it in the dehydrator.
- Leave the bacon in the dehydrator for two to three hours.
- Make sure to check the temperatures regularly.
- After that take the bacon out of the dehumidifier and allow it to rest for some time because no one wants their bacon too hot.
- Apply your favorite seasoning and taste it. You will be amazed by the taste.
How to Store Your Bacon Jerky for Later
You can store the bacon for long periods, which is the best thing about it.
If you are going to eat its leftovers a few hours later, don’t use the refrigerator.
If you want your bacon to last for a few days or even a week, then you need the fridge to store the meat.
How to Heat Jerky Bacon
It is as simple as it sounds, believe me. If you want to save time, you can use a frying pan with a little oil, or start your oven to save time.
Most people like to store bacon in a dark place, but I suggest you go with the refrigerator storing method because it doubles the time it takes to store.
Don’t leave your bacon outside the refrigerator, if you don’t mind putting in some extra effort for heating up. Many users say that heated bacon tastes better than regular bacon.
How Long Will Bacon Jerky Last?
This is one of the most important things to know about bacon jerky. Bacon jerky will last anywhere from six months to two years depending on how long you let it dry out.
I suggest starting with about a pound of bacon jerky. If you have a larger quantity to store, you may want to cut it up into more manageable amounts.
You can store it in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer for about a year.
So, this was the best bacon jerky recipe that you can try at home.
I know that some of you already tried it and liked it, but if you have not tried it yet, then now is the time to do it. The jerky is delicious and will be great for your health.
Foodie and a passionate cook, I am here to share all of what I know about cooking, kitchen, and food prepping.
Follow me for delicious and healthy recipes.