Serrano ham has a unique flavor because of the air-drying and curing process. We don’t have to worry about cooking it anymore since it’s been prepared like this.
Yes, you can fry serrano ham. It just needs a little bit of special care. It should be heated slowly in a pan and not overdone. Remember, it should only be fried once.
You can slice it thin and enjoy it with some cheese and a glass of wine from the moment you bring it home.
There are some great recipes out there that involve cooking serrano jam, and one of the more creative ways of doing so is frying it.
Can you put serrano ham in a skillet? You can, and I will show you how you can pair this delicious delicacy with something else.
Table of Contents
Can Serrano Ham Be Fried?
Serrano ham can be eaten either raw or cooked.
Many people would strongly disagree with that statement, as the meat is specially cured and air-dried, with the process lasting for several months.
To keep the pigs’ legs fresh for up to two weeks, they are trimmed, rinse, and then coated in salt. The ham must have been sweet because the salt was washed away.
The legs are hung for some time, ranging from a few months to several years. Serrano ham takes around nine months to mature, on average.
How Do You Fry Serrano Ham?
Ham is usually eaten in its natural cured state by people. You can eat it with cheese, vegetables, and herbs, or you can put it in a sandwich.
If you want to try a new flavor, it is possible to fry it. As a snack, fried ham is very delicious. There are many ways to cook Serrano ham, depending on your preferences.
Frying it in oil, butter, or lard is one of the most traditional ways of doing it.
To get started with the cooking process, follow the simple instructions:
- For about 30 seconds on medium heat, butter, lard, or oil should be heated.
- It is a good idea to add a small amount of oil to cured meats.
- A lot of fat will be produced as the meat is being fried.
- Adding Serrano ham is the first thing you should do. It’s a good idea to only add one piece if you’re just starting cooking.
- Keep an eye on it, as it should fry for about 30 seconds.
- It’s a good idea to turn it over to fry the other side once it gets a little crisp.
- The fat and oil mix should be kept after frying, as they can be used to fry other meats, vegetables, or fries.
- In addition, it gives a unique zing.
It is possible to cut the ham into small cubes if you don’t want to fry it.
Then, fry it on medium heat, occasionally stir with a wooden spoon until it’s nice and crisp, and then serve with some scrambled eggs and toast.
Tips for Frying Serrano Ham
In terms of cooking methods, you can fry ham.
You will want to cook with heated oil, butter, or lard.
A ham dish with a brown exterior and juicy meat in the middle will be created thanks to this.
There are a few things that you should consider to ensure that you enjoy this delicious cured meat:
- If there is any skin on the ham’s outer corners, make sure to leave it on the fat.
- After slicing the ham, pat it down with paper towels to absorb all the extra Moisture.
- Don’t fry on high heat, because the slices of Serrano ham will burn.
- If the ham has a large amount of fat, don’t cook it with oil, butter, or lard. The natural fat will be enough.
- To keep the slices from burning, make sure to turn the slices a few times. This will make sure that it attains the desired level of crispiness.
- If you overcook the ham, you will ruin it and It will become very hard to chew and very dry.
- Serrano ham can be very salty or sweet depending on how it was prepared.
- It is best to soak it in a bit of water for at least six to eight hours before frying it.
- You can fry it for breakfast if you just let it sit overnight in the water.
How to Serve Fried Serrano Ham?
Serrano ham can be served with several different ingredients.
It’s a good idea to stick to the main sides of your fridge when you fry it.
It is much better to enjoy the ham as a simple dish since it has a distinctive taste.
Serrano Ham is good with:
- Green salad
- Baked potatoes
- Scrabbled egg
- Boiled egg
- Fried sunny-side-up
- Cooked asparagus
- Green beans
- Carrots and corn
- Toasts or put into a sandwich
Serrano ham can be fried, right? Yes, it’s possible.
The cured meat can be eaten in a lot of different ways. Many people like to eat it raw, but that doesn’t mean it has to be that way.
If you are a fan of fried foods, Serrano ham is a great addition to your collection.
You can slice it the way you want, add a little oil or butter and fry it. You will not regret your decision.
Foodie and a passionate cook, I am here to share all of what I know about cooking, kitchen, and food prepping.
Follow me for delicious and healthy recipes.